The second version of Backroad Raspberry is released. In this article, we will walk through connecting it to a Bluetooth speaker to play music.
Install the Second Release
1. Download the Application Edition of the second release.
Authorize the Speaker
The Bluetooth speaker needs to be authorized for it to receive the sound. Follow these steps to add the speaker:
- Place the speaker in pairing mode.
2. Open a terminal window by tapping the black square icon in the bar at the top of the screen. In the terminal follow these steps:
- Enter bluetoothctl You will see a new prompt.
- Enter power on
- Enter agent on
- Enter scan on
- You will see a list of available devices. Use the colon code next to your speaker below:
- Enter trust __:__:__:__:__:__
- Enter connect __:__:__:__:__:__
- Enter quit
Play a Song
Copy your favorite song to a USB drive and plug it into the Backroad Raspberry. Open the music application from the menu and select the song. When it starts playing the sound will come through your speaker.
If you hear choppy music, make sure you quit bluetoothctl program in the above step.
You are finished! The speaker will remain authorized. Now finish building the music collection on your thumb drive, so you can have them permanently installed off-grid.
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- Miuzei Raspberry Pi 4 Touchscreen with Case &Fan
- SanDisk 64GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card
- Rii i4 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with 2.4G USB Dongle
- PNY Elite-X Fit 256GB 200MB/Sec USB 3.0 Flash Drive
If are interested in the project, I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Are there any problems or annoyances that you face Overlanding? Please leave a comment on one of the social platforms.