I installed a Backroad Raspberry (BRRB) and a dedicated Wi-Fi network in Campbell. The BRRB is powered by an auxiliary battery and uses 6.7 watts, including the router.
The network is a backbone for additional gear, including Wi-Fi cameras around Campbell, our Toyota Land Cruiser.
The affiliate-free links below list the materials. At this writing, the cost of the parts is $207.
The gallery below has pictures of the installation. They should answer many questions, including wiring and component placement.
Do you have comments about an article? I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Are there any problems or annoyances that you face adventuring?
Please leave a comment below.
- 12V to 5V DC Converter USB
- GL.iNET GL-MT300N-V2 Wireless Mini Portable Travel Router
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (4GB)
- Miuzei Raspberry Pi 4 Touchscreen with Case &Fan
- SanDisk 64GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card
- Rii i4 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with 2.4G USB Dongle
- PNY Elite-X Fit 256GB 200MB/Sec USB 3.0 Flash Drive (optional)