Sometimes it is convenient to trade some cargo space for extra battery capacity. I repurposed the original starting battery that the group-31 upgrade replaced.
Adding it to the existing auxiliary battery increases Campbell’s auxiliary ampacity to 130 amp-hours.
The battery uses the connector that charges Cocoon, our Casita travel trailer, while we are towing.
We don’t need to charge both at the same time.
- The wiring is 6-gauge throughout.
- All terminals and splices are crimped and soldered.
- All connections are sealed with an adhesive heat shrink.
- TEMCo WC0199-10′ (5′ Blk, 5′ Red) 6 Gauge AWG
- TEMCO 10-Pack Cable Ends 6-AWG 3/8″ hole ( only 2 needed)
- TEMCO 10-Pack Cable Ends 6-AWG 1/4″ hole ( only 2 needed)
- SB50 SB Series 50 Amp Anderson Powerpole Kit (6-AWG, grey)
- Dual Wall Adhesive Heat Shrink Tubing Kit
- Rosin Core Solder